Year 1 Newsletter 19th May
We have had a wonderful week learning a new version of Jack and the Beanstalk – Jim and the Beanstalk. The children have had lots of fun making their own beanstalks and retelling the story.
Literacy – Next week we will be thinking about our senses and using them to help us write nature poems. We will be using our senses in the woods on Monday – please remember to bring wellies if your child does not already have a pair at school.
Maths – We will be focussing on division. Children will begin to think about division as sharing between groups, with lots of practical activities to support this.
At home – A few ideas for you to try at home this week:
- Explore the great outdoors – what can you hear, see, smell and touch?
- Visit the local library and share some poetry books.
- All children must have a swimming cap.
- Please clearly label all of your child’s clothing and shoes.
- Please make sure your child has a waterproof coat at school as the weather is so unsettled at the moment.
- All children need a bottle of water every day.
Have a lovely weekend.
Mrs Burkill and Mrs Bennett