Year 1 Newsletter 16th June
We have been excited to learn our new song this week which we will be performing next month. We would love to invite parents and family to come and watch us perform our special song before Open Evening. This will be at 3pm on Tuesday 12th July. We hope to see you there.
Literacy – Next week we will be working carefully on our guided reading and writing. We will be focussing on sentence structure, correct letter formation and thinking carefully about different books.
Maths – We will be focussing on mental maths and using all our times tables and number bonds knowledge to help us with some fun games!
At home – A few ideas for you to try at home this week:
- Continue to read and enjoy books with your child
- Visit our school website to enjoy some games: https://seatonprimary.org.uk/seaton/childrens-zone/reception-and-ks1/
Tomorrow’s Church Visit: If possible please bring a small backpack to school that can hold your child’s water bottle and snack for the morning.
- Please keep an eye on the weather and ensure your child has appropriate clothing at school
- We still need shoe boxes for an upcoming art project! If you have any spare please bring them in
- All children need a bottle of water every day
- Please check your child’s PE kit. Many children are missing items and need to have appropriate kit for Sports Day next week. Trainers are allowed and encouraged!
Have a lovely weekend.
Mrs Burkill and Mrs Bennett