Welcome back! Foundation Stage Newsletter – 04.01.16
Happy New Year! We are delighted to be back and looking forward to seeing the children refreshed and eager to learn!
Miss Mabin is thrilled to be taking over Miss Sealy’s class for the rest of the year. Please come in and introduce yourself! If you have any messages please do not hesitate to speak to either Miss Mabin or Mrs Wood in the mornings or at the end of the day.
Some happy news!
Mr Race is now a very proud Dad to baby Adam, born on Boxing Day! His class will be taught by Mrs Bartlett for the next two weeks of his paternity leave. We wish him huge congratulations and cannot wait to meet baby Race!
Our topic this half term is ‘To the Rescue!’ and we will be exploring people who help us, such as the emergency services, and taking a look at some fictional superheroes too. We are sure the children will love this topic and will have a curriculum map up on our website from the end of the week for you to see what we will be getting up to!
- Your child will be expected to have their reading books and contact book with them every day to ensure they continue to make progress in this area.
- Please also ensure that your child has a named PE kit (including plimsolls) in school every day.
- Toys from home have been causing a lot of distraction and upset, therefore children are not permitted to bring in toys. Any toys from home will be safely kept in the teacher’s cupboard until home time.
- Please ensure your child has water in their water bottle. It is a school rule and plays a part in promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Scooters should be parked in the bike and scooter area (by the metal gates) or taken home to be brought back in at pickup time. We ask that, for safety reasons, they are not left in our cloakroom.
One final appeal!
Miss Mabin’s class are in desperate need of volunteers to listen to the children read. If you can spare an hour or two in the afternoons we would love to hear from you! Please talk to any of the teachers if you can help.
We are very excited about the coming term and look forward to greeting you all tomorrow!
Miss Mabin and the Foundation Stage team