Seaton Primary School is dedicated to providing an environment that promotes healthy eating and enables pupils to make informed choices about the food they eat.
School dinners are catered for by our internal school catering team, who provide menus that meet the current standards for school lunches. Our Kitchen Manager, Emma Smith, has introduced a delicious daily lunch menu using local suppliers* to ensure freshness and quality.
Children having school dinners can choose from one of three options on the daily menu. There are always two main hot meal options or a jacket potato with a filling choice from three options. For pudding we offer either a homemade desert, freshly made in our kitchen or a piece of fresh fruit. The menu is designed to allow all children to be able to access school dinners and includes options for all of our vegetarian (V), vegan (Ve), gluten free (GF) and dairy free (DF) pupils. If your child has an allergy, a full allergen list is available on request. Please contact the school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school understands that snacks can also be an important part of the diet of children and can contribute positively towards a balanced diet. Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are provided with a free piece of fruit every day as part of a government funded scheme. Children in Years 3,4, 5 & 6 are encouraged to bring in a piece of fruit from home to eat.
- Our Roasted Tomato Sauce contains seven different vegetables, it is also used as a sauce in some main dishes too!
- All of our cake desserts use Free Range Eggs and where possible we use whole meal flour. We also use fruit in our desserts for natural sugars, reducing the content of refined sugars.
- Our suppliers are as local as we can source, reducing our food miles.
- Haye Farm – Musbury – Organic Beef Mince and Vegetables.
- Charmouth Bakery – Charmouth – Freshly made rolls and bread
- Complete Meats – Axminster- Local Pork, Homemade burgers and Sausages.
- All of our Fish is sustainable and Marine Stewardship approved.
- All of our Chicken is UK Red Tractor Assured.