Reception Newsletter 22nd June
Dear Parents and Carers,
Thank you for your generous bottled item donations to the Tombola stall today, it is always a popular event. The PTA still have 20 spaces unfilled on our Summer Fete volunteer sheet. If you can spare any time at all on that day, it would be a huge help.
We had a great day at Seaton Wetlands on Tuesday. Thanks to all of you that applied sun cream to your child – we think the children did extremely well in the hot conditions and were very proud of them.
Tomorrow is our Seaton Primary School Sports Day. You have been invited to watch your child take part in their races in the morning. In KS1/EYFS the children take part in every race and they are very excited to show you their skills. You are also invited to stay for a picnic lunch and there will be family races in the afternoon (Approximately 2:15pm) if you wish to stay for that. Water bottles, hats and sun cream are essential for this day as we will be outside a lot. Thank you.
This week in Literacy we have watched some short films from ‘The Literacy Shed’ called ‘Bubbles’ and ‘Something Fishy’. We discussed what had happened in each film and what we might find under the sea, then in small groups used our non-fiction books to find out more about sea creatures in preparation for writing stories. Next week we will practise our story map and write our own under the sea adventure stories.
- Swimming and library times have returned to normal for both classes.
- Library books need to be returned to the library by Friday 7th This is the last day that the library will be open and therefore all books need to be back by this date.
- World of Country Life permission slips should be returned to us as soon as possible.
Things to try at home
- Explore the short films available on literacyshed.com as they make really good talking points.
- Make something with your child. This could be a meal or snack, a model, a picture, a story, dance, game, movie or song!
We look forward to seeing many of you tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend!
Miss Mabin and Mrs Burkill