Essential Workers Letter
Dear Parents and Carers,
This list of ESSENTIAL WORKERS has just been produced by the Government.
- Workers in social and health care
- Workers in education and child care
- Essential workers in key public services – justice system, religious staff, those responsible for the management of the deceased, journalists and broadcasters who are providing public service broadcasting.
- Essential administrative staff in local government
- Workers in food and necessary goods services – production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery of essential items
- Workers in public safety – police, prison officers, MOD
- Essential workers in transport– air, water, rail and freight
- Essential workers in utilities, financial services and communications
Along with the above the Government has said the following which you need to take full note of –
- If children can stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading.
- The fewer children making the journey to school, and the fewer children in educational settings, will lower the risk that the virus can spread and infect vulnerable individuals in wider society.
We don’t want your child to come school next week unless you are an essential worker and there is no appropriate, alternative child care arrangements that you can make. We are working hard to ensure that there will be enough staff for the school to remain open to those who need it, but need your support in order to do this.
For full information, please read the attached letter.