Teaching Assistant - Fixed Term Contract
Job term: 1 Year Fixed term Contract
Scale: NJC Grade B: £9.43 to £9.62
Hours: – 30 hours per week – 39 weeks per year
Closing date: Monday 6th September – 9am
Interview dates: TBC
Start date: 20th September 2021
At Seaton Primary our mission statement is ‘Caring now, for the future’. We believe that every one of our children is a seed for the future and we strive to nurture and care for each individual to enable them to blossom, grow and reach their full potential.
Seaton Primary School, is seeking a warm and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support pupils in Year 6. This post is fixed term for one year due to External Funding of a known duration. The successful candidate will be a reflective practitioner who is passionate about teaching and learning. They will be keen to learn, possess a positive attitude, want to make a difference and be committed to improving the life chances and outcomes for every child. They will need to demonstrate that they possess exemplary professional, creative and personal qualities expected of a Teaching Assistant.
We are looking for a candidate who:
– Has knowledge of the year 6 primary curriculum
– Has the ability to support maths/literacy within Year 6
– Has Previous experience delivering year 6 maths and English interventions
– Will be committed to supporting children to make good progress within their curriculum and inspire and motivate children and enable them to be the best that they can be;
– Would be able to enhance the pupils’ learning and life skills in a way highly individualised to their specific needs whilst helping them to feel happy and secure;
– Will be responsible for organising playtime games and developing lunchtime provision and pupil leadership
– May work on educational programmes in school and deliver interventions;
– Will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and flexibility and be able to react to given solutions with integrity and compassion;
– Will enjoy working as part of our dedicated team;
– Is kind, patient, enthusiastic and compassionate with a lively, fun outlook and a curious and creative mind.
The salary will be paid pro rata according to the hours and weeks worked.
For more information, please visit our website: http://seatonprimary.org.uk. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the post further, you can contact the school on 01297 20922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seaton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines. We are fully committed to equal opportunities.