Salary: NJC Grade B – £9.43 per hour
Hours: 15 hours per week – 38 weeks per year
Closing date: Friday 26th March – 12 noon
Interview: Thursday 1st April
Start date: 19th April 2021
Job Advert: Catering Assistant
At Seaton Primary our mission statement is ‘Caring now, for the future’. We believe that every one of our children is a seed for the future and we strive to nurture and care for each individual to enable them to blossom, grow and reach their full potential.
We at Seaton Primary School are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to start as soon as possible to work alongside our existing catering team. You will need to be an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hard-working individual who can assist our kitchen staff in providing high quality meals for children, staff, visitors and events at our busy school.
You will need to have an appreciation for the challenges of working in a busy kitchen and be willing to carry out a variety of roles, including food preparation, storage of produce, washing up as well as other activities that may change on a day-to-day basis. Ideally, you will have previous catering experience.
This particular role will involve assisting in the preparation of meals with the catering team based at Seaton Primary School.
Main duties and responsibilities;
- Assist with the preparation of freshly prepared meals to include main meal and dessert to both pupils and staff
- Washing and preparation of vegetables
- Use industrial catering equipment under supervision
- To comply with all aspects of Health & Safety. Government food standards and Food Hygiene Act
- Temperature testing of food on a regular basis
- Clearing up and removal of waste food, packaging and other waste generated by the kitchen
Ideally, you will:
- Have previous experience in a similar role in a school or commercial kitchen
- Have the ability to build good relationships with children and staff
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour
- Be able to use your own initiative and be autonomous when required
- Be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
For more information, please visit our website: http://seatonprimary.org.uk. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the post further, you can contact the school on 01297 20922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seaton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines. We are fully committed to equal opportunities.