Vacancy for Level 1 Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Grade B
Job Term: Temporary
Appointment: 20 hours
Term time: 39 weeks per annum
Start date: 1st September 2022
At Seaton Primary School, we are seeking to appoint a level 1 teaching assistant for 20 hours per week to support a child who will be moving into Year 6. This is a temporary position due to the child being in Year 6.
The successful candidate will understand the importance of nurturing the whole child and providing children with the right start to their day so that they are ready to learn and can access learning. They will value inclusion and have the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to work with a child who has experienced ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences).
The LSA appointed will work to support the child with their learning, personal, social, emotional, behavioural and development needs.
The essential skills and qualities required for this role are:
- Good literacy and English language skills
- Good mathematical and number skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work effectively within a team, collaborating with others
- Ability to work 1:1 with children with additional SEND or social, emotional, mental health needs
- Ability to use a variety of strategies to support learning and behaviour
- Building a strong rapport with the child and investing time into building a trusting relationship
- Being consistent in approach and in setting boundaries, routine and expectations
- Ability to enhance learning through discussion, questioning, modelling, and explaining and re-explaining
- Experience of working with children with complex needs
- Resilience and commitment
- A passion for inclusion and helping all children to achieve and succeed
- Relevant and recent experience within a primary school
The desirable skills and qualities require for this role are:
- Level 2 or 3 teaching assistant qualification or equivalent
- Relevant training e.g. attachment awareness, understanding autism, emotion coaching
- Proven success working 1:1 with a child
If you have the skills, passion and experience that we are looking for and would like to join our team we would love to hear from you. To arrange a visit to the school or to discuss the post with the Headteacher, Jenna McCaffery or the Deputy Headteacher, Kelly Hodkinson, please contact the school on 01297 20922 or email email@example.com. Visits to the school are encouraged.
Application: Please visit our website at https://seatonprimary.org.uk to download an application pack. All applications to be completed on the DCC application form. CVs will not be accepted. Completed forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.